A SURF PARK AS YOUR OFFICE? YES PLEASE! NOT ONLY THAT A BRAND NEW SURF PARK!
Are you a motivated and dynamic individual who thrives in a lively and fun environment? Do you have a passion for surfing, sales and people management? We are looking for a Surf Academy Manager to lead our team of surf coaches and create a vibrant, enjoyable work atmosphere at URBNSURF SYDNEY.
The Surf Academy Manager is accountable for building and operating the Surf Academy department. They are an essential component in delivering exceptional surf lessons to all visitors and members, ensuring participants have a desire and need to return.
The Surf Academy Academy Manager will focus on sourcing and developing talent to deliver fun and interactive surf lessons, ensuring Guests continuously improve their surfing abilities.
Work with the team to design custom URBNSURF lesson programs and packages that encompass all facets of surf progression from beginner to elite. Leading a team to deliver a range of surf programs and lessons from beginner to advanced.
Recruit, train and roster staff. Undertake roster management meeting variable demands. Provide regular training sessions to ensure all surf coaches continuously improve their training methods.
Provide advice, coaching, feedback and support to Surf Coaches to effectively manage the performance and development needs of the URBNSURF Surf Academy. This may include providing advice or attendance in performance management meetings with team members and/or paired with appropriate performance and development plans.
Set guest services standards, measure guest service perception monthly and create staff training programs to proactively improve any deficiencies.
Set return lesson targets for URBNSURF Melbourne Surf Instructors. Create a sales strategy that focuses on off-peak sales conversion. Monitor the effectiveness of the strategy. Implement a variety of new business initiatives to drive sales.
Work with the URBNSURF Melbourne Operations Manager to create new products and promotions.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS FOR THE ROLE
1. Meet all operational budgets.
2. Development of interactive and informative induction and training plans.
3. Maintain company compliance at all times.
4. Supports and contributes as a key team member in cross-functional teams.
5. Ensures continuous growth within Surf Academy.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Surfing NSW level 1 coach certified and above
• Talent identification
• Organised/ structured
• Ability to motivate a team
• Experience with managing and developing team members.
• Superior fluency in spoken and written English, particularly with respect to business report writing.
• Critical Thinking
• Safety focused
• Ability to mould a new business and apply previous experience to create a high-performing surf academy
• Experience and ability to provide coaching and mentoring to staff
• Hands on, practically minded
• Strong sense of personal accountability for results
• Solutions focused
• Motivated by challenge, achievement, making a difference
• The ability to develop positive and constructive relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, industry partners and consultants.
• Demonstrated passion for an active lifestyle, with you ideally being committed to surf sports.
• Demonstrated ability to operate independently with little to no supervision
• Is connected and is knowledgeable on industry specific guidelines and standards.
WHY JOIN US?
Opportunity to make a significant impact on safety culture in an emerging industry.
Collaborative and supportive work environment.
Career growth and development opportunities.
A commitment to innovation and continuous improvement.
Be part of a great team
Surf before or after work (space permitting)
We can’t wait to meet you!
Tagged as: coaching, surf, training
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the order book for 4 National...Apply For This Job
The Facilities Supervisor at URBNSURF Sydney is responsible for the day to day maintenance of URBNSURF Sydney machinery and equipment;...Apply For This Job